Knowing how to care for your Nine West purchase will help you keep it in great condition for longer. Here are some tips on how to best look after your new Nine West shoes and handbags.
CARING FOR LEATHER
- To maintain the appearance of leather, spray with waterproofing spray every seven wears.
- Treat monthly with leather conditioner using a dry colourless cloth to clean and restore the leather. Allow to dry then buff to shine.
- Instant shine may also be used on leather.
CARING FOR PATENT LEATHER
- Patent is waterproof due to its glossy finish. Use instant shine to maintain its appearance.
- Keep patent shoes away from coloured items. Dark coloured patent may transfer on to other shoes and light patent may become stained. Store separately or in box.
CARING FOR SUEDE
- Suede is leather that has been brushed to create a nap.
- To maintain the appearance of suede, apply waterproofing spray every seven wears.
- To restore the nap, brush with a suede brush.
- Never brush dark suede then brush light suede as this allows the fibres to transfer.
CARING FOR NUBUCK
- Nubuck is leather that has been buffed to create a slight nap. Similar to suede although with shorter fibres.
- Due to its delicate nature, apply waterproofing spray every seven wears.
- To remove slight imperfections, brush gently with the suede brush utilising the rubber bristles.
CARING FOR FABIRC
- Apply waterproofing spray every seven wears to avoid stains.
HOW TO USE SHOE ACCESSORIES
GEL COMFORT CUSHIONS
- Used to provide instant comfort.
- They do not stick down therefore they may be removed, layered, or moved to other shoes.
- If shoes are slightly large, but half a size down is too small, apply gel cushions for a better fit.
- For events, add to shoes once if feet become sore.
ANTI-SLIP HEEL GRIPS
- Used when shoes appear to fit well but foot continues to slip out. This will ensure a better fit without modifying the front of the shoe.
- Stops shoe from rubbing heel of foot to prevent blisters.
- For shoes that do not have enough grip on the sole.
- Perfect for events where floor is slippery (e.g. tiles) and rainy days.
- If the shoes are slightly taller than you are used to, sole grips provide stability.
- They apply like a sticker and are only temporary. Will wear off depending on how/how often you wear your shoes.
HOW TO USE SHOE CARE
WATERPROOFER (IN-STORE PURCHASE ONLY)
- Aerosol waterproofing spray used to protect leather and non leather accessories from stains.
- Fast drying.
- Shake can then spray evenly over article with a distance of approximately 25cm in a well ventilated area.
- Apply 2-3 coats for optimum protection (especially light colours, suede and nubuck).
- Silicone free, therefore will not alter the colour of the material.
- Spray bottle waterproofing spray used to protect leather and non leather accessories from stains.
- Ideal for air travel.
- Spray lightly but evenly over the item being treated at a distance of 10cm.
- Allow to dry before use. Drying time depends on climatic condition
- Leather conditioner cleans, nourishes and restores leather.
- Not to be used on suede or nubuck.
- Shake bottle then test in an inconspicuous place before use.
- Using a soft colourless cloth, apply in circular motion over the article.
- Allow to dry then buff to shine.
SUEDE AND NUBUCK BRUSH
- Use the nylon bristle side to refresh the nap of suede.
- The rubber bristle side is used to clean and raise the nap of nubuck.
- The round chiselled edge is used to clean hard to reach places (e.g. the welt, where the shoe upper meets the sole.)
- Use the ribbed edge to erase marks.
- Apply to patent leather to maintain shine.
- May be used on non coated leather to refresh appearance on-the-go in place of leather conditioner.